Monday, March 28, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts



After having a similar dish at Alta in Manhattan, I combed the internet for a similar recipe. Here is my take on what I found. This dish has bumped BS up to my favorite veg of all time, it's that good!






10 oz Brussels sprouts, stem removed and halved (keep all the external leaves as well- they are best part!)
EVOO
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted and chopped
*1/2 Apple, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon crème fraîche
Salt & Pepper to taste

*I prefer raisins to apple slices for a sweeter taste

Serves 4
1. Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Coat brussels sprouts in EVOO, salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes until slightly charred
2. Simmer balsamic vinegar and honey in a small pan until reduced- 3-5 minutes.
3. Mix pistachios and apple slices with brussels sprouts, pour balsamic/honey reduction over and top with a dallop of crème fraîche

No comments:

Post a Comment